My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Rainy Saturday

Today I was scheduled to do a "book-signing" talk at the Inkwell Bookstore in Falmouth. Unfortunately, the books didn't come in on time. So I just gave a talk about news writing. The nice folks at the bookstore told everybody that if they ordered the books, they would get a 10% discount. Several folks asked about my weeklong class at the Cape Cod Writers Conference in August.

Last week Jamie teased me about "stalking" her at the Starbucks, where she works. I'm really not stalking her, but I love the soy chai lattes they make there. So I was passing the store this afternoon and got one again. But, as usual, Jamie was not there. I wonder if she really works there, or if it is just a cover story for some secret life she is leading. http://jbgblogspot.blogspot.com/
(I need to post a comment to one of her blog entries.)

Oh, about Internet Communication, my wife told me she was chatting on ICQ (I think) with our son Brandon who was also watching a downloaded movie on his computer and got a message form our other son and his wife. All these forms of Internet communication are keeping our nuclear family together, even though we are 1,000 miles apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home