My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lo-tech Wednesday

Today I did not have much interaction with the Internet. I decided to skip the second day of the MCO conference for two reasons. We are concerned about my mother-in-law's health, so I didn't want to leave her alone with her niece. Also I was very tired. I ended up sleeping until nearly 8 a.m., which is very late for me. After breakfast I cleaned the rain gutters of my house -- a decidedly lo-tech job. I also sawed off come branches that have grown too close to the house.

In the evening I did, however check my e-mail, and answered several questions from students and from an aspirant in my Buddhist order. I was also able to use the Internet to check the enrollment in my next class, Great Works of Journalism. It starts Tuesday, and it looks like I will have 10 students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home