My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Withdrawal symptoms

I have been attending a three-day professional training conference of the National Coalition Building Institute. We are staying at the Wyndham Andover Hotel, and they have no wireless Internet access. I can arange for a high-speed cable access for an extra $9.99 per day, but that seems excessive. Anyway, that is why I did not post anything yesterday.
Not having access to the Internet feels terrible. I feel like I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms being cut off from the Internet, my e-mail and other Web things. I can't blog or even post my diet on the Weight watchers site!
I will be back online again Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home