My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunny Sunday

What a beautiful day!

It was wonderful to see the sun after a week of rain. I went for an early morning walk before breakfast and a four-mile run after breakfast. Then I mowed the lawn, which really needed it. After lunch I spoke with a young man who is interested in becoming a writer. Then I washed and waxed my motorcycle. In the late afternoon I led the Cape Sangha, my Buddhist meditation group. After that I took my mother-in-law and her niece out to dinner at Capt. Frosty's. I had a delicious lobster roll.

All in all, I had very little interaction with the Internet today. I did check my e-mail. I had sent a Monk-E-Mail message to my son, who was unable to open it from his work computer. He also mentioned that he was a little concerned that giving those folks his e-mail address might open him up to future spam. I hadn't thought about that.

I am looking forward to our second Internet Communication class tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home